Contact Us

Was your bike stolen? Do you have information about one of the bikes on this site? Email us stolenbikelondon@gmail.com

Thursday, February 14, 2008

13th February Olmo Fixed gear

I moved to London a few weeks ago and had my first day of work today. At 9 am I locked my bike to a lamp post on Duke Street right next to the Selfridges staff entrance. Once I left for home at around 4 pm it was gone. No lock left or anything. I had a late 80's early 90's olmo fixie conversion. I'm completely pissed off and miserable because I had repainted the frame, gotten rid of all the unnecessary brazings (bottle cage bolt holes, gear shifter places, rear derailleur hanger etc..) and even filled in the bottle cage brazing holes. It was like a my own kid or something like that. I have been building it up for about 3 years now and I finally got it into a configuration that I was happy with about a week ago. The bike is very distinctive and there will not be another in london. If someone sees someone riding it then they have my permission to kick their teeth in, take the bike and call me at 07521 321360 (the name's Alvi).

Spec....

Frame and Fork: Custom Olmo resprayed (53cm if I can remember right)
Headset: Campag
Stem: 3ttt quill stem
Handlebar: Sakae Champion Chopped and Flopped
Seatpost: Thomson Elite Inline
Saddle: Old Brooks B17 (full hard plastic)
Front Brake Caliper: shimano 105
Front Brake Lever: DIrty Harry BMX
Front Wheel: Mavic cxp23 anodized red laced to a CODA hub
Rear Wheel: Planet-X rim laced to a On-one hub
Cranks: Shimano 105
Chainring: Sugino 48t
Chain: KMC gold
Tyres: Continental Ultra

If you have any information on this bike email

stolenbikelondon@gmail.com

No comments: